Wednesday 2 January 2019

New Year New Me

Ha!
There won't be any new me. Although isn't there something that says all of your cells renew so that every few months you're essentially a new person?
Hmm, that seems weird.
Perhaps if you shaved your head that could be true?
I have no idea where I'm going with this.


Anyway, welcome to 2019.
It's not that I have any grand plans for 2019, but I feel like I'd like to do better. 

My Dad passed away in May of 2018 and that really made the year a write-off for me.


But that's a post for another day.

I'd really like to get more done, to be more efficient.
I don't want to make resolutions, they seem to me like you're setting yourself up for failure, perhaps instead I wake up in the morning and resolve to do the best I can do that day.
For me, and I'm sure for many people, the best you can do is variable.
Some days you're full of energy and motivation and ready to take on the world.
Other days you're tired and low and getting dressed might be the best you can do.

I think the important thing is to adapt to how you feel on each of the 365 days in the non-leap years.  Frankly, every time we have day 366 we should all get to have a massage. 
A conga massage! No, that would be weird. I retract that idea immediately.

Back on track.
I like to write the things that are in my brain, I'd like to track the things I make when I've been hunkered down in my craftroom/studio/sewing room, call it what you will. I'd like to do better at remembering the good times I have.
I would like to get back to blogging.

Also, I had three accidents in just one week over Christmas and goodness knows that shit is funny. Totally hit myself in the finger with a cleaver at one point....the finger still exists with surprisingly minor damage. In fact, I'd like to take this opportunity to express my thanks and gratitude to my fingernail for stopping the advance of aforementioned cleaver.

Long story short, I'm going to try my best to be my best without giving myself a hard time on my worst days.



3 comments:

Sleepydumpling said...

I am so sorry that you lost your Dad. I lost my beloved Grandma in May too. 2018 was a tough year at times.

I too would like to get back to blogging. But my real theme this year is to take a risk! I'm doing lots of small risks, but the big one for me is that in the second half of the year I plan to up sticks and migrate to New Zealand. After leaving my job of 20 years! Eeep!

All the best for the coming year and those into the future. Good to see you blogging again.

Flibbertigibbet said...

Thank you, I too am sorry for your loss. The grief is not something you can ever really explain or understand until it happens.

You're going to emigrate? Holy moly, that's extraordinarily brave. I commend you. Will you be moving to somewhere that you have friends already or is it a blank slate? Either way, it's an incredible thing to do. I wish you the best for the move and all the other risks! :D

Sleepydumpling said...

Yes, migrating to New Zealand. I have friends all over there so wherever I end up (and find work) I'll be around someone I know. But I will miss my Aussie friends a lot, they'd better come visit me!