Friday 7 December 2007

Ouch

I finally relented and went to the doctor. I'd decided in my head that the spasms of pain were phantom gall bladder pains. Yeah, because I had medical training and everything. Ahem.
Turns out that my kidneys are unhappy. And in turn I am unhappy.
Who knew that if you ignore pain it doesn't actually just eventually go away.
After wandering round London coping with bouts of pain and then round Lincoln Christmas Market last night with it kicking off, then this morning waking up with it I decided it was time to relent.

I had a splendid time at the Market last night, despite being soaked to the skin and doing an excellent impression of Alice Cooper with my non-waterproof make-up. It was raining so much that I was dearly sorry I'd got annoyed with my huge umbrella so quickly and made the rash decision to leave it in Harriet's shop - which looks splendid by the way.
On a positive note, it did mean that there was nothing to prevent me from running and jumping in puddles, when you're already soaked, what difference does it make?

4 comments:

Domster1974 said...

Now I really must see a picture of your Alice Cooper impression, although I am guessing that you didn't take a picture of it for me.

On the flip side, puddle splashing is amazing fun

Flibbertigibbet said...

There will never exist a photo of me with Alice Cooper make-up! The world isn't ready for such horrors.

Puddle splashing and leaf kicking are really up there in my favourite things. If I were Julie Andrews and prone to sing about such things....

Anonymous said...

Kidneys! Mine reminded me how much they hate being infected this new year... round 5 of the serious antibiotics and its looking like back on the operating table next week...........gah!

Flibbertigibbet said...

Kidneys really are such little fun to be around. They're quite the party poopers it would seem.

Is the operating table still on the cards? How the bloody hell are you??!