Friday 11 July 2008

Song Of The Week XXVII

This wasn't actually part of the list that I've got stored away with songs I love for this wee feature, but, I do love it.
I don't care how cheesy it's now considered to be, it's still, to me, a brilliant song.

Meredith Brooks - Bitch:

I think women love this song because we so entirely understand the lyrics.
We have that multiplicity about us.
Sometimes we are a bitch, sometimes we're softer. Saints and sinners.
She says 'you wouldn't want it any other way'.
I wouldn't want it any other way, I like the fact I'm often a confusion of different facets. And as she says 'I do not feel ashamed'.
There are so many lyrics I could quote from this, just take: 'Just when you think you've got me figured out, the season's already changing' or 'Tomorrow I will change and today won't mean a thing'.
Abso-bloody-lutely.

Thank goodness for the diversity in our personalities, for the unpredictable nature of our emotions, for being human and most of all, being female.
We are the fairer sex after all.
If not also the incredibly complicated sex, which we should never apologise for.
Since when was simple interesting?

No comments: