Friday 6 March 2009

Contortionist Am I

So there it is. My latest piece of art. I cannot even begin to tell you how many attempts it took to take that almost reasonable photograph.
It was taken in a process usually referred to as 'hit and miss'.

There was a lot of aiming and hoping that I'd get something. It's hard when you can't see what the viewfinder can see.
I'm bloody grateful for digital cameras, that would have been a roll of film for that one shot. Maybe two.
Anyway, my firefly and her bells are making herself at home on my arm.
My arm didn't mind the clingfilm for the last tattoo, this one, it had a fit, just decided after two days that it didn't like it any more. The rash is slowly going, but those little red marks you might be able to make out? Those would be my arms aversion to clingfilm!

8 comments:

Sleepydumpling said...

Ooh I like that one! Very nice ink!

Flibbertigibbet said...

Thank you! I am really so chuffed with it! I almost can't remember them not being there now!

Lynn said...

Very pretty
xx

Flibbertigibbet said...

Thank you! I know you're not a tattoo fan, so I appreciate that! :)

Nearly60 said...

Very nice tatt. About that cling film, was it a different brand? To the original, I mean? Although you can develop an allergy after one (or more) exposures. And I really wouldn't want to be using that stuff on my food, if it brought my skin out in a rash... just a thought :o)

Anonymous said...

i love your tattoo. i've been trying to get a good pic of a firefly for a tattoo design -did you or your tattoo artist draw yours, or did you get the image from somewhere?

Flibbertigibbet said...

Thank you! I found it really difficult to find a firefly image too - they either resemble cockroaches or are overly cartoon-like and I wanted something in between. Mine actually comes from this image I'm hoping that works - my html skills are limited!
I'd love to see your tattoo after it's done!

Anonymous said...

wow, thanks for that. You're awesome! I'll definitely put a pic up once i get my tatt done :)