Monday 20 April 2009

Songs and More Songs

In this busy world days and weeks pass you by, my song of the week has been passed by, and then today the sun was shining in a glorious way and it made me think of summer songs. Those ones that make you want all the windows open in the car as you drive along.
So, I came to catch up in an aural fashion.

Song LI
Cherry Poppin' Daddies - Zoot Suit Riot:


Song LII
Lenny Kravitz - Are You Gonna Go My Way:

Could Lenny be any more beautiful to look at? No, I thought not.

Song LIII

The Cat Empire - The Chariot:

Felix & Harry are pretty easy on the eye too. I love this song, in fact a snippet of it is the ringtone for my phone. I like my phone yelling to the world that it's never yielded to conformity, makes me smile every time.

Song LIV

Katrina & The Waves - Walking On Sunshine:


Song LV

Blur - Song 2:


Song LVI
The Boo Radleys - Wake Up Boo:

3 comments:

Nick said...

'Walking on Sunshine' is my anthem! I remember seeing her and the band when it was a hit - ahhh, those were the days...

I like your other sunshne choices too.

By the way, I love your blog and have been visiting for a long while now.

Sleepydumpling said...

You got some ripping choices there lady! Love 'em!

Flibbertigibbet said...

Nick: I think it's impossible to hear the opening beats for Walking on Sunshine and not smile. It's like eating a doughnut without licking your lips - you think you can do it, but you just can't!

You've also rather made my day - I love to know that people are reading and comments make me happy! Thank you, really lots!

Sleepydumpling: Don't they just make you feel all summery? The sun is really, really shining here. It doesn't happen often and the music just tops it off!