Sunday 27 January 2008

Flavour Of The Month

There's been a few things going on recently that have been getting the better of me. I think with different people, different things happen or get affected. Some lose appetite, others don't sleep. I'm in the latter category.
My sleep has been shot to hell recently.
The nightmare the other night left me afraid to go to sleep in case it returned or another took its place.
So, last night, I laid, tossed and turned, read for a while, turned out the lights, turned them back on, turned and tossed, pleaded with my mind to please stop thinking.
Tried counting sheep. But found that instead of sheep jumping fences it was speech bubbles with my thoughts in. Which just makes you lose count quite frankly.
Eventually I gave in, resorted to medicinal help. Now, the sleeping pills taste bad, but you sort of expect that. With the exception of Bonjela and Buttercup Syrup all medicine tastes bad.
What I always seem to forget is the really weird taste that they leave behind afterwards, all water tastes a little like some kind of molten metals, which isn't entirely pleasant.
I got lost in thought, what on earth is in those things that makes water taste so bad? What does it do? What purpose does it serve? If it's the ingredient that makes me sleep, then I can forgive it the nasty aftertaste. Although I guess, all the ingredients are there to make you sleep.
But what if it's the ingredient that sticks all the others together? Couldn't they use something else? I'm full of questions.
And full of hope that my lovely, delicious, king size gothic iron bed is going to hold me as I sleep soundly tonight.
Without medicinal help.
And without a metallic taste all day tomorrow.
I'm like a huge bundle of fun today aren't I?
Joy pours from my pores.
Just so long as zzzz's pour from my head tonight, I don't care...

5 comments:

Domster1974 said...

Even i your darkest moments and most sporadic ramblings you are always fascinating and delightful

Flibbertigibbet said...

I did a little curtsey, with a nod and I thank you sincerely. Too kind.

Nearly60 said...

Dear Steph, I am reading UP your blog and am getting worried now..... have you managed to get to sleep yet? Its 11.30pm for you as I write this, I'm sending you sleepy thoughts!!! zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Flibbertigibbet said...

I have since slept like a baby, hurrah!
I'm much calmer!
Well, sort of, I'm never reallllly calm!

Domster1974 said...

Calm would be worrying lol