Monday 7 January 2008

Misadventures

Rachael and I decided to go out to The Tap & Spile last night, one of my favourite pubs. There's a jam session every Sunday, followed by a Quiz. As I love music, I thought it'd be really nice to listen to the jam session - although I most definitely do not possess the talent to join in!
It was really nice, a guitar and harmonica played for most of the evening, slowly the pub filled up and it was harder to hear them over the chattering.
I sat at the end of the long bench and leaned back to hang our coats up on the hooks. When I went to sit back up properly again I realised that I had somehow managed to completely attach myself to the arm of the bench. The ties on my top had engaged themselves fully with the arm and I couldn't manage to get them undone.
Rachael took pity on me, walked round the table and knelt to unfasten me.

At Christmas I received a scarf that is snood-like and whilst putting it over my head to model it I managed to attach it to the funky ring I was wearing. I turned to my sister, Siobhan, and squeaked 'Help me?' After laughing at me for some time she freed me from my contortion.

Somehow today I missed the first step of my staircase and fell forward. I now have a minor carpet burn to the forearm from slamming into the stairs. I fear for my own safety sometimes.

Rather hilariously, I'm wearing a different top today (that's not the funny part - I do change clothes regularly) and I managed to entangle myself in my chair at the barn. I didn't realise until I stood to leave and the chair refused to be left alone. I had once again got the ties of my top attached to the chair. The thing is, with the ties behind you, you can't turn round to see what you're doing. It's a farcical life that I lead.

5 comments:

Domster1974 said...

You are not having the best of relationships with your clothing at the moment, you know as I read it I thought it was going to be skirt number 4 lol.

A good likely excuse for carpet burns, but thankfully it was the the bottom of the stairs, not the top, or it may have been broken bones

Flibbertigibbet said...

I am hugely tempting fate as I write this, but it's been years since I fell down the stairs!

Can you believe, with my history of accidents I've only broken bones twice. Once falling from a height of about 3 feet.
I shame myself. ;)

Domster1974 said...

Don't temp fate, just stick to men lol

Lynn said...

Think you should confess to the hairbrush incident now, lol
xxx

Flibbertigibbet said...

That's the sort of thing I ought to have already confessed to!
I must check!