Thursday 31 January 2008

Quotes IV

For hundreds of years we have believed that if something is logical in hindsight, then logic should have been enough to get the idea in the first place. This is complete and total rubbish. - Edward de Bono

I found this in a new book of mine. A book which I have fallen completely, utterly and deeply in love with. I want to have it near me all the time and will wax lyrical about it in a post in the near future, but I love that quote. How often do we punish ourselves for not realising that something was obvious. The thing is, it's only with the benefit of hindsight that it becomes obvious.
It hides behind something opaque, only revealing itself when hindsight is applied.
Hindsight is able to make so many opaque matters completely transparent. It doesn't give you 20/20 vision, but it works as well as a pair of the best made spectacles.

No comments: