Tuesday 5 February 2008

As If By Magic...

I turned the shower on this morning and while it warmed up I popped into my bedroom to brush my hair, makes it easier to comb through after you wash it, don't you know.

I walked back into the bathroom and Mifford was patiently sitting with her back to me, staring at the shower curtain as she does most days while I shower, waiting for me to re-emerge and give her her own shower of attention.

I don't think she realised that I wasn't actually in the shower.
I called to her and she jumped over a foot in the air in fright.
It might be wrong, but I laughed. I laughed so hard I had to sit down and catch my breath.

The look on her face clearly said two things:
1, How the fuck did you do that? You were in the shower and now you're behind me? How is that even possible?
2, You're laughing at me? I will not forget this indignity. I will save this moment and take revenge at a later date. Then we'll see who's laughing.

I'm a little afraid.
And yet still laughing to myself.

2 comments:

Domster1974 said...

i am sure you could inspire that reaction not only in mifford but most creatures, but that is what is so delightful.

Flibbertigibbet said...

Well my world is one of chaos!