Wednesday 12 September 2007

A Skull And A Blush

Suggested titles for this post included 'A Prat And A Cat'.
I have tears in my eyes from laughing.

Last night my friend Paul called me up in a state of excitement. He has just moved into deep Welsh country and whilst out on a walk found a skull. With curved incisors. He measured the space between the eye sockets and then went to measure the same on one of his pet cats. Resulting in a difference of about 4cm. Had he found a skull of one of our resident big cats?
For the record, I believe they're out there. I've seen one, as has my father and friends. Sadly not all at the same time.
However, Paul made an appointment at the vet, he went this morning, complete with his cat skull.
Only, it's a sheep.
The teeth weren't teeth but bone. He was looking at the back of the skull, not the front. They weren't eye sockets.
Laugh? I could have cried.
He's now telling everyone his big carnivorous cat was actually a fluffy herbivore.
So he's stopping off at the chip shop to let them know, and the builders across the road, and, and, and....

I threatened to also post the recent photo he sent me of him wearing a bridesmaid dress. But I'm nicer than that, but you can take my word for it, it's very funny.

But not quite so funny as his herbivorous cat.

No comments: