Friday 25 April 2008

Song Of The Week XX

This is a strange one. Not the song, the song is beautifully delicious.
I saw these guys live and didn't like them. I don't know why but they just didn't touch me somehow.
Some months later I was in a charity shop and saw their album and bought it.
I have no idea what possessed me to do so when I didn't like them, but I took it home, played it and it became one of my all time favourite albums. I can listen to it and concentrate on it, or I can have it as background music during dinner.
The voices work so well together, the instrument and voices just feel as if they were always meant to be together, musical soul mates.

The Be Good Tanyas - The Littlest Birds:

4 comments:

alfa female said...

Already a fan - can't believe you weren't!
PS listen to India Alba if you get a chance....... not in any way related but just think you will appreciate!

Flibbertigibbet said...

I really didn't like them live! Now I just want to be able to see them live again to see if I feel differently now I know th album inside out.
I will find some India Alba... always looking for new artists!

Stuart Barker said...

Well I'm always coming from leftfield. No, tot the band! Although whatever happened to them? I remember going to see them at Sheffield Octagon and Phat Planet came on and the bass that came out of the speakers was imense. It made everything vibrate. For the female readers it was like sitting on a washing machine on full spin. Anyway I digress. The song I propose is from a fairly new artist. Laura Marling. Extremely young. Incredibly talented. Musically potty. Have a listen and see if you have tastes like me. If successful I will make further posts to Stephanie's blog because I really should read it more.

Oh almost forgot....the song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XonJJbV54BE

p.s. for all those Dr Who fans who cower behind a cushion when the scary monsters come on just listen with strategically placed fingers over the eyes. Just in case like. 5 year olds should be ok though.

Vanye.

Stuart Barker said...

Ok, so I admitted I don't read Stephanie's blog. So I thought I was cool in nominating Laura Marling. Who she already had chosen several weeks ago.

So I'm not going to nominate anything radical. It's quite an old song but it's a cracking song and a cracking video.

And if you liked Weird Science then you'll love Plug in Baby! Bands that just consist of 3 people are always so good. Muse are definitely no exception and the sound they get is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65Gh0U0wkBs

So enjoy....and if you don't then I'm gutted.

Vanye