Wednesday 8 August 2007

Extinction

I heard about this story on the radio today and was appalled.
It seems so shocking that, in this day and age, when we are so much more aware of our environment and our impact upon it, something like this can happen. How we come to lose, or, virtually lose an entire species is beyond me. It feels like a criminal offence to allow this to happen. It saddens me greatly that no one can really be held accountable for the extermination of these creatures, when responsibility can clearly be laid at the feet of a government.

I'm not very political, but things like this make me feel that I should be, that I should be involved somehow, fighting whatever fight needs to be fought.

2 comments:

Domster1974 said...

It seems the more knowledgeable be get about the environment, cruelty,and the horrible things in the world, we simply grow accustomed to them.

It is not ignorance anymore, its a simple choice to ignore it, and its easy to see what you want to see. So when it is laid out there, it is shocking. The truth is, we don't see 99% of the bad stuff.

Flibbertigibbet said...

I was just writing about this again earlier, we get swept up in our own lives, our own worries and neglect to realise there is much, much worse going on out there. Worse than deciding what to buy for Christmas or what resolutions one should make for the coming new year.