Thursday 23 August 2007

Quote III

Do song lyrics count as quotes?
Ah well, it's my blog, my rules.

I heard this earlier today and it's stuck with me all day.

the one person who really knows me best
says i'm like a cat
yeah the kind of cat that you just can't pick up
and throw into your lap
no, the kind that doesn't mind being held
only when its her idea
yeah, the kind that feels what she decides to feel
when she is good and ready to feel it
- Ani Difranco

What really great lyrics! I have such a passion for music and for songs that have something to either say or that mean something. That you can feel were written from the heart or personal experience. I'm sure everyone has a song that speaks to them, or reminds them of someone, or of a time. A song that feels as if it was written directly about them.

No comments: