Monday 13 August 2007

Memory?

I wandered down to the bus stop and upon examination of the bus timetable I realise that my memory of when the buses run and the actual times that the buses run have absolutely no relation to each other.
Quite how I had been sure there was a bus at 8.48am when it goes at 8.17am is a mystery to me. I have to be at the hospital for 10.15am and the timetable is so ridiculous that there isn't another bus until WAY too late.
Now, I know I hate the walk up Steep Hill and the resulting puce colour in my face, but I really hate having to pay the extortionate price for a taxi.
Still, on the upside, I won't forget the bus times for a while. I think they're etched in my mind now.
Damn I miss my car. I cannot wait for that new V5 to arrive through my letterbox! It seems like such a shame to have that lovely car sitting on the drive and not be allowed to use it. It's a mean, mean world I tell you!

2 comments:

Domster1974 said...

i wouldn't worry about the bus times, they have a knack of being different to how I remember them too. There are two different buses that stop at my closest stop, one (he number 16) is more regular, but stakes longer and one (the number 8) is less frequent but quicker to town.

So I decided to go for the number 8, I wasn't in a particular hurry, but they tend to be cleaner as they are run by a different company.

Three number 16s passed me by, and no sign of the number 8. I decided i would get the next bus whatever it was.

I got to the bus station and asked if there was a problem, and the number 8 no longer goes the extra two miles to my area, but stops near some shops further away.

I was shocked.

Flibbertigibbet said...

I think they should go door to door to make sure we know about changes damn it!